Light emitting diodes (LEDs) are low-voltage light sources that require a constant DC voltage or current to operate optimally. Because they operate on a low-voltage DC power supply, they easily adapt to different power supplies, have longer standby power, and are safer. LEDs require a device that can convert incoming AC power to the proper DC voltage and regulate the current that flows through the LED during operation. This Switching Power Supply LED driver converts 120V 60 Hz AC power to the 12 Volt DC power required by the LEDs and protects them from line-voltage fluctuations. Ensure your LED lights do not exceed the maximum power output of the power supply. This unit may also work with other devices such as a router that require 12VDC at up to 3 amps.
* This unit is great for powering up to four of our 20" solid color strips we sell or ONE of our 16ft strips
* Input 100-240VAC and the output is 12 Volts @ 3A (36 Watts)
* 50-60Hz standard household current
* Size of the DC Power Jack output, inside diameter - 2.5mm and outer diameter - 5.5mm a pretty standard size.
* You may cut-off the plug to hard-wire into your LED lighting string or get our detachable DC power plugs and jacks.
* Cosmetic appearance may be slightly different than photo.. Brand New!